Saturday, September 5, 2015

My Best Friends' Wedding

My two best friends: 


My sister, Megan, and I are a bit over 3 years apart. I think we are officially over the fighting like sisters phase and now are permanently in the best friend phase. (I think our mom was worried that was never going to happen) We had a true sister moment last Christmas when we both coincidentally showed up with the same shirt in different colors. (I think I was about 20 weeks pregnant here) Megan lives too far away (Milwaukee) and is finishing up grad school before she moves to DC. She is a nanny extraordinaire and is also a blogger
Jillian and I met in Gamma Phi and really became good friends our sophomore when we lived in a 5 man together in the house. She is finishing up her last year of nursing school in Nebraska right now. Maybe one day she will be my labor and delivery nurse???? Because I can already tell she is going to be the best nurse. (Like the one time she didn't even hesitate to clean up some vom on our bus during a trip to Rome and is always making sure everyone is drinking enough water) 

Megan and Jill both got engaged within a week or two of each other! AND they both are getting married in October next year! (the 15th and 22nd... THANK YOU for not picking the same weekend!)

AND they both asked me to be in their wedding on the same day.


 Jillian mailed me balloon (I didn't even know that was possible!) to "pop" the question! Of course a picture with the ribbon on JM's head was the appropriate way to respond.


Megan had these adorable cards painted from an etsy shop! (We are just pretending I am the maid of honor because matron sounds so old and boring.) The caution warning wasn't even enough to prepare me for the amount of glitter in that thing. It keeps showing up in random places, including a pile next to the trash can I haven't even attempted to clean up yet.

Bring on the planning, dresses, showers, and bachelorette parties! I am so excited for these two!!



Emily


2 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest. Next up, glitter bomb asking JM to be my ring bearer! I'm spending my day listening to our songs and craving a miley (pre crazy) jam session in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know about your best friends’ wedding. Couple of months ago, I arranged my nephew’s wedding ceremony at one of lovely wedding venues Chicago. Invited all our family and friends for this wedding and had great time.

    ReplyDelete