Thursday, October 8, 2015

Stitch Fix

Is there a better feeling than pulling on the most comfortable pair of jeans that just fit perfectly? After you've had a baby? Right at the beginning of jean weather?

Yes!

When you have them mailed straight to you and didn't have to do any hunting online or in store!

Would I be a real blogger if I did Stitch Fix and didn't blog about it? I finally caved and followed through ordering my first fix! I filled out my style profile over a year ago, but never got around to doing it. If you're familiar with the company you can skip this paragraph. Basically, you fill out a style profile about what you like to wear and what you want, pay $20, and get a box of five items mailed to you! Then, you can choose which items you would like to buy and which you want to send back. They getcha with 25% off your entire order if you buy all five items. But the $20 you've paid to have the box shipped goes towards your purchase.

I specifically asked for dark skinny jeans and a dress I could nurse in. (Why are those so impossible to find??)

Having my husband, Drew, take these pictures was a whole other experience in and of itself. (He just said, "you're welcome for the good blog material.") He claims that if he had a good camera he could be a photographer..... I'll let you be the judge of that. I think I'll stick to Abby's photography. Please excuse these terrible photos and awkward poses. And our neighbor's AC unit. I am sure the passerbyers got a kick out of the scene.

The anticipation was killing me! I think half the excitement is waiting for the box.




Item #1: Denna Skinny Jean from Kut From The Kloth

Basically, super plain skinny jeans. My favorite! They have a bit of a higher waist and are SO soft. So excited about these. 



Item #2: Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse from 41Hawthorn

What do you think about this?? I wasn't super excited about it, but seems like a good staple. If I didn't have my photographer giving me a super short time frame, I would have attempted to put some accessories together.


Item #3: Wakeman Crochet Open Cardigan from Honey Punch

I thought this was fun! Thinking it would be good for the nice fall we have in Auburn.


Pause for some bug killing.



Item #4: Rutland Knit Tank from Papermoon

This tank is sooo soft! I love the cute detailing and I think it would look good with some girlfriend jeans and maybe the crochet cardigan?


Item #5: Kary Drape Front Knit Dress from Gilli

A dress I can nurse in!!!!! I was so anxious to get out of maternity clothes, I wasn't even thinking about the new challenge of nursing friendly clothes. I just want to wear my old dresses! Anyways... I spent too many hours searching every store in the mall to look for a dress for JM's baptism. Having this dress mailed to me without the hassle is priceless.  

----

What are your favorites? Overall, I'm really excited to freshen up my closet. I am itching to KonMari our apartment and especially my closet. Maybe now that I have some new favorites, I can clean out the old. If I learned anything from this experience, it's I feel super weird posing for pictures and I have surprisingly little to say about fashion. If you are interested in ordering your own fix, please feel free to use my referral code

Let's end on a not so awkward note! 



Emily

4 comments:

  1. Drew did a great job! Whenever I ask David to take pictures of me for the blog he's always like "Are you suuuure?" because apparently I'm picky. Oh well. I love the jeans and the green top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how some people take such natural looking photos!! I'm glad you like the green top. I was kinda on the fence, but it was definitely a better deal to buy all five... Oops!

      Delete
  2. Weee! Stitch Fix!

    What a great first fix. I'm really a fan of all the pieces. :) Are you tempted to keep all 5??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally kept all five! :) I couldn't pass up the 25% off when I like all of them!

      Delete