Friday, March 18, 2016

7QT: felt, world's best pants, and JM update

Linking up with Kelly to  explain what I've been doing besides blogging...

1. Cutting out felt. Hot gluing felt. Hammering snaps. Ugh. That's what I've been doing. Not really, but I did spend a lot of time devoted to a little felt bible exchange project. I typically get really excited about the project, go buy the supplies, stare at them for a few weeks, and then work like crazy to get them finished in time. The excitement steadily decreases throughout the process, but I know it will be worth it in the end when I get a felt busy bible with ten pages.


2. I also finally caved....



I am still learning a lot, but I do love  diffusing them in our not-so-fresh apartment. Anyone else use them?

3. I have been spending quite of bit of time with the girls in my bible study. A few of them just went on a retreat and I was so happy to see them there. I've gotten to take JM on a few coffee dates with girls and he always provides great entertainment. The Gamma Phis from my bible study and another study got together last Friday to pray at 6:45am for the chapter. Eleven girls showed up! At 6:45!



4. JM officially has 6 teeth and has been taking a few steps at a time!! He is getting into everything, especially all of our cabinets. We really have been slow to the baby-proofing, which is making our job a lot harder. He is making so many sounds, waving bye-bye, eating more food, loves looking at books, playing with the swifer, finding the tiniest crumbs on the floor to eat, and peeking under closed doors. He also just learned how to give kisses and hugs. When I ask for a hug, he will lean into me and my heartbreaks a little more each time.






5. I have only taken these off to wash them the last few weeks...

6. We had a sweet little family Valentine's date



7. Honestly, we've been a little wrapped up in some family changes that are coming up... It's a little soon to write about it (I'm not pregnant), but I will fill everyone in soon. (I find myself telling people I'm not pregnant more than I anticipated in life. I feel like people are just waiting for an announcement, so they hold on to every word I say, and therefore I'm constantly putting my hands up saying 'I'm not!!')

Happy weekend!!!

Emily

12 comments:

  1. JM in that hat is so adorable! And I can't wait to see your finished felt book...it's going to be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to put it in JM's Easter basket! I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. So glad you blogged! I have been missing your posts. JM is so cute and I loved reading his little update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Brooke :) I'm hoping to stay a little more on top of it now!

      Delete
  3. That's what always happens to me with projects: I get so excited, buy all the supplies, and then realize after I've started that it takes too long and I lose all motivation. I suppose being accountable to other ladies who are counting on you for your page helps! Enjoy the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The deadline is almost necessary for me to get anything done and the group is also great motivation to make it look the best I can do!

      Delete
  4. Hahah I totally was one of those people asking about you being pregnant. JM looks so cute! The car seat one melts my heart. Crazy to think Giorgio will be doing that in just a few months. I use peppermint essential oil to make homemade toothpaste. It's just coconut oil, baking soda, and peppermint oil. It tastes like a salty coconut (gross!), but it totally whitens your teeth! Georgia told me about it. Of course it's on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, you weren't the only one :) That toothpaste kinda sounds gross haha do you use it in place of regular toothpaste or just to whiten?

      Delete
  5. JM looks soooo big! It's crazy how fast they can change. I need to hear all the ways you end up using EOs so I can convince David they're worth buying! I've heard lavender for headaches? But I am not experienced at all!

    Also, I get the "are you pregnant?" question all the time...Catholics are curious people! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like lavender and peppermint can be used for just about anything! I got Drew on board with someone's testimonial about using it for insect repellant. Last night he burned his hand grilling and he let me put some lavender on it and he said it actually worked! He has been quite skeptical the whole time. "I don't believe in your witchcraft"

    And Catholics are very curious... hah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here were some of the recipes we used:
    French Onion Chicken & Rice Bake: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/ARIxRcfKXxTGqpGSJaOKo9dVedaPc2OVd3dZS-B5Hrx8nA2OlvFFTSs/

    Lemon Pesto Chicken: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/38210296817258892/

    I just use any random lasagna recipe...

    Creamy Mexican Chicken: 1 can black beans (drained), 1 can corn, 1 can diced tomatoes (or Rotel), 1lb. chicken, 1/2 block cream cheese, taco seasoning packet, ranch seasoning packet. (Throw all in crockpot and serve over rice with lettuce, avocado, cheese.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'll definitely tuck these away!

      Delete